The Sole Meaning of Life is to Serve Humanity.
I left my house on the way to work a few mornings ago and pushed the screen door open to come upon our porch that hugged around the east side of the house. When the door swung open I stopped in my tracks to indulge in a divine warmth on my face that enslaved time from moving forward. The birds were flying and the hues of ivory, and coffee that painted a portrait of fields across the lawn were starting to express strands of green, in the tiny clefts of grass, as days went by. It could have only meant one thing. Spring is here and we need some new soles that affect your soul and in the same way spring did mine! Here are 20 must have shoes of the spring season, 2015, for being stylish working out, days stepping through puddles, going to the office, or splitting wood on the farm.
I tried to make these shoes reasonably priced, don’t get me wrong, I am sure of it there are better shoes out there. These were the shoes that I could find that appealed to me and their prices seemed to fit the shoe. If you know what I mean. I don’t have the resources like GQ does so I would have to search for weeks and weeks to truly find those dime shoes that are hidden in the world. However these shoes are still great and shouldn’t be seen as any less in value. So here you have, my top twenty.
Here is a key to understand the letters that are beside each number of each shoe.
c = casual (jeans, chinos, t shirts, button ups)
sc = semi-casual (jeans, chinos, button ups, t shirts, non irons, blazers, suits)
f = formal (slacks, tux, suits, non irons, ties)
Shoes for Comfort
Because of the way that Adidas sets up their website I am not able to show you the exact shoe that I had in mind. I can provide the colors for the designated patches of the framework for the shoe.
base: color-maroon, fabric-denim
laces: frost mint
stripes: collegiate navy
heel tab: collegiate navy
out soul: white
1) c/sc – Element Voyager 2 – $100
2) c/sc –
3) c/sc – Timberland’s Earthkeeper Cupsole Chukka – 125
4) c/sc – suede classic puma – $59
5) c/sc – Cole Haan: Zero Grand Chukka – $278
6) c/sc – Alfred Sargent Suede Chelsea Boots for Fred Perry – $—
7) c/sc – Cole Haan Lenox Hill Waterproof Chelsea – $ 180
9) c/sc- Cole Haan: Zero Grand Tall Boot – $200
10) c/sc – Wolverine: White Pine 1000 Mile Boot – $405
11) c/sc – Oak Street Boot Makers: Natural Vibram Sole Trench Boot – $426
12) c/sc – Timberland Earthkeepers: Britton Hill Waterproof – $190
No Show Socks Or None At All
13) c/sc – Michael Toschi: Cabo Penny Loafer – $395
14) c/sc/f – Intrigo Persuader – $62
15)c/sc/f – Florshiem Rodeo Penny – $97
16) c/sc/f – Banana Republic: Michael Loafer – $128
17) c/sc/f – Aldo: Isarn – $85
18) c/sc/f – Aldo: Uligonia – 150
19) c/sc/f – Stacy Adams: Revel – $90
20) c/sc/f – Cole Haan: Cambridge Cap Oxford – $258
Some Great Brands to Shop for Shoes
Banana Republic-not biased